Some of the Hanukkah recipes are very easy to
cook, like the recipes given in this article. Read on to get some easy
Easy Hanukkah Recipes
During Hanukkah, Jewish women spend a considerable
time in the kitchen, making delicious Hanukkah cuisines. Traditional
Hanukkah food is mainly cooked. Some of them are very easy to cook, like
potato latkes and doughnuts, while some of them take a lot of time (like
the slow cooker beef brisket). Here in this article, we have focused on
some easy Hanukkah recipes so that your time and efforts are little, but
worthwhile. Read on to get some easy Hanukkah recipes.
Hanukkah frying pan cookies- recipe by Judy Zeidler
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 lemon, peeled and grated
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Olive oil
- Blend the butter and 1 cup of sugar in a large bowl until light
- Add peeled lemon and salt.
- Add eggs one by one into the mixture and mix them well.
- In a separate bowl, filter the baking powder and flour.
- Fold into butter mixture to make dough.
- Heat enough oil for deep-frying in a frying pan.
- Make small balls out of the dough and put five to six balls at a
time into the hot oil. Fry the balls until golden brown, for 3
- Lift out the pancake cookies with slotted spoon and transfer them
into tissue paper to drain out excess oil.
- Mix the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and
sprinkle them on the warm cookies.
- Your Hanukkah frying pan cookies are ready to serve!
Roasted green beans
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup (about 500 g) tender green beans, trimmed
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Grease a roasting pan with olive oil.
- Toss the trimmed beans with onions, oil, and salt in the prepared
pan until all the beans are coated with oil.
- Sprinkle pepper.
- Preheat oven upto 400 degrees F.
- Roast the green beans uncovered for about 30 minutes. Cook the
green beans until they are crisp and brown in color at the edges.
- Stir occasionally during the cooking time.
- Your roasted green beans are ready! Serve hot at room